Family Law Attorney Rockville, Maryland
Legal representation for marital and domestic disputes
When the most intimate aspects of your life become matters of legal controversy, you want an attorney who is skilled in human relations and legal argument. At Law Office of Stacy B. Talbott, LLC, Ms. Talbott is a trial lawyer with more than 30 years of experience in family law. Ms. Talbott provides litigation, negotiation, mediation and collaborative law services on all matters related to matrimonial law, including:
- Divorce — Couples can choose to dissolve their marriage in a variety of ways, including uncontested divorce, contested divorce, divorce mediation and collaborative divorce.
- Separation — Couples who sign a separation agreement can secure legal protections when divorce is not an option.
- Child custody — Ms. Talbott works to uphold your parental rights while working toward a parenting plan that serves your child’s best interests.
- Child support — Maryland law holds that a child has the right to support from both parents.
- Alimony — Courts consider a number of factors to determine whether it is appropriate for one spouse to provide financial support to another.
- Property distribution — Maryland is an equitable distribution state, where courts divide the marital estate in a manner deemed fair, but not necessarily into equal parts.
- Prenuptial agreements — Engaged couples who wish to safeguard their property rights prior to marriage can execute a marital agreement that will be enforceable in the event of divorce.
Ms. Talbott’s approach is both aggressive and compassionate, asserting your rights strongly while ensuring that you receive the respect and support you deserve.
Rockville family attorney personalizes service with a variety of methods
Ms. Talbott has practiced family law for more than 30 years. As methods for managing domestic conflicts have evolved, Ms. Talbott has kept pace, earning certifications as a collaborative divorce lawyer and court-approved family law mediator. She is committed to providing highly personal service, tailoring her approach to fit your circumstances. Ms. Talbott offers a variety of conflict resolution methods, so you can choose a process that is compatible with your own manner of addressing life’s challenges. She works closely and compassionately with you to separate the emotion of your conflict from the issues in question. She helps you identify your goals and work constructively toward achieving them.
Preeminent attorney in Montgomery County, Maryland
Ms. Talbott is AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® — a recognition of her professionalism and ethics by colleagues familiar with her work. She is listed among the Maryland Top 50 Women Attorneys, is included on the Maryland and D.C. Super Lawyer lists, and is featured in the Directory of Preeminent Attorneys. Ms. Talbott serves the Circuit Court as a mediator in divorce cases and she is an active member of the Montgomery County Bar Association and the Women’s Bar Association.
Contact a highly regarded Rockville family law attorney
To schedule a confidential appointment with Law Office of Stacy B. Talbott, LLC, call 301-637-8527 or contact Ms. Talbott’s Rockville office online.