Rockville Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Compassionate, goal-oriented service for family matters
The Law Office of Stacy B. Talbott, LLC deals primarily with domestic and family law matters. Ms. Talbott is a skilled trial lawyer and negotiator who is also certified as a family law mediator and collaborative divorce attorney. Dedicated to providing her clients with the highest quality of service, she focuses on the roots of conflict to facilitate lasting resolutions.
Areas of practice
- Family law — all legal issues arising from domestic life (Though it deals with premarital issues, family law most often concerns disputes surrounding a legal separation or divorce and continues with post-divorce issues.)
- Divorce — a variety of processes related to marital dissolution, including uncontested divorce, contested divorce, divorce mediation and collaborative divorce
- Uncontested divorce — assistance in reaching a final settlement agreement acceptable to the Maryland family court (This is the quickest and least expensive form of divorce.)
- Separation — legal safeguards for couples contemplating divorce for whom divorce is not a viable option
- Child custody — negotiation, mediation and litigation of matters related to physical and legal custody of minor children
- Property Division — Helping clients win property rights and retain separate property.
- Property distribution — negotiation, mediation and litigation of issues affecting the marital estate under Maryland’s equitable distribution laws
- Child support — legal counsel on children’s rights and parental obligation regarding the financial aspects of parenting
- Alimony — financial maintenance for dependent spouses from separation through divorce, including modifications due to changed financial circumstances
- Litigation — courtroom representation at hearings and trials of family law matters
- Mediation and collaborative law — alternative methods of resolving disputes over marital issues (ADR methods are generally quicker, less expensive and less confrontational than courtroom litigation.)
- Prenuptial agreements — legal safeguards for individuals wishing to protect business or personal assets prior to marriage or after a separation but prior to reconciliation
- Post-divorce issues — negotiation, mediation and litigation of issues that arise after a divorce has been finalized, generally related to support payments and child custody
Contact a skilled Rockville, Maryland family law and divorce attorney
Ms. Talbott recommends scheduling an initial consultation so that she can fully explain your legal options, property rights and the services she renders. When a domestic situation in your life calls for legal services, contact The Law Office of Stacy B. Talbott, LLC at 301-637-8527 or contact her Rockville office online.